Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Heart warming success stories

I think the picture pretty much sums it up. But if that doesn't cut it for you here are a few details. I may secretly be a bit of a nerd (shhh don't tell anyone) and as such I am an avid fantasy reader. Now unbeknownst to me at the time (and Malarie too for that matter) Malarie apparently is as well. Here is how it happened: Malarie and I often read together in the loft, though both of us tend to read rather different genres. Now having a somewhat inflated sense of myself (you can all pretend to be surprised) I tend to think the things I'm interested in are the best. So, after the display of some impressive persuasion skills, I talked Malarie into reading Elantris, an exceptional novel by Brandon Sanderson (an exceptional author), her first attempt at reading fantasy. After losing my wife for about a week, she emerged from the book to reluctantly admit it is the best book she has ever read. Devious plan to get the wife to be a fantasy nerd with me? Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment